Below is a summary of US family history collections that have been released or updated by the major genealogy databases in the last three weeks. (The previous summary list was published on 10 December, see blogpost).
My regular summaries are designed to help family historians whose Irish ancestors emigrated, temporarily or permanently, to the United States.
By default, they should also be useful to anyone carrying out research in the US, regardless of the origin of their ancestors.
The figures in parenthesis in the New Collections section are the numbers of records/images in each new record set, if provided by the database.
Unless otherwise stated, the figures in parenthesis in the Updated Collections section reflect the number of records added to the collection in the recent update, if a number has been clearly noted by the supplier. I do not include updates of fewer than 1,000 records.
- Hawaii, Chinese Immigration Labor Permit Records, 1893-1898 (16,988)
- Indiana, Voter Registers, 1850-1931(187,003)
- Virginia, Various Counties, Marriage Bonds, 1706-1901 (1,600)
- Massachusetts: (Image-Only) RC Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920
Nearly 8,000 new pages to browse from 9 parishes:
In Hyde Park – Most Precious Blood
In Boston – St Stephen.
In East Boston – Most Holy Redeemer, Sacred Heart, St John the Baptist, and St Mary Star of the Sea.
In Dorchester – St Gregory, St Margaret and St Peter.
- Massachusetts: RC Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920
20 new volumes from 7 parishes. All dating from 1900-1920 (116,000 names).
In Dorchester – St Ambrose, St Gregory, St Mark, and St Leo
In Brockton – St. Casimir
In Lynn – Sacred Heart, and St Patrick.
- North Dakota, U.S., Select County Marriage Records, 1872-2017
- U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current
- Southwest Louisiana, U.S., Deaths Index, 1861-1905
- Maine, U.S., Revolutionary War Land Grants, 1776-1780 (2,679)
- Boston Arrivals of Jewish Immigrants from HIAS Records, 1882-1929 (31,120)
- Vermont, Death Index, 1981-2001 (112,298)
- Newspapers.com Marriage Index, 1800s-1999 (28,032,506 new. Total 248,817,136)
- Arkansas, Military Discharge Records, ca.1917 – ca.1969 (31,817)
- California, County Birth & Death Records, 1800-1994 (31,544)
- California, LA, Angelus-Rosedale Cem/Crem, 1884-2002 (25,797)
- Georgia, County Voter Registrations, 1856-1941 (222,835)
- Hawaii, Honolulu, Voter Registration Applications, 1920-1966 (29,264)
- Illinois, Chicago, Voter Registers, 1888-1892 (312,175)
- Indiana Marriages, 1811-2007 (333,633)
- Mississippi, County Marriages, 1858-1979 (49,030)
- Mississippi, Voter Registration, 1871-1967 (48,749)
- New Jersey Naturalizations, 1796-1991 (9,468)
- New Jersey, Death Index 1901-03; 1916-29 (5,684)
- Texas, Voter Records, 1867-1918 (7,391)
- Texas, Various Counties, Military Discharge Records, 1916-1990 (2,582)
- Utah, Cemetery Abstracts (1,406)
- Washington, County Birth Registers, 1873-1965 (53,100)
Some of the above content contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission if you buy via these links. This does not affect the price you pay as a consumer, but it does contribute to keeping Irish Genealogy News online. See Advertising Disclosure tab above.
Source: IrishGenealogyNews https://www.irishgenealogynews.com/
Posted On: December 31, 2020 at 07:10AM