Below is a summary of US family history collections that have been released or updated by the major genealogy databases in the last two weeks. (The previous summary list was published on 4 May, see blogpost).
My regular summaries are designed to help family historians whose Irish ancestors emigrated, temporarily or permanently, to the United States.
By default, they should also be useful to anyone carrying out research in the US, regardless of the origin of their ancestors.
The figures in parenthesis in the New Collections section are the numbers of records/images in each new record set, if provided by the database.
Unless otherwise stated, the figures in parenthesis in the Updated Collections section reflect the number of records added to the collection in the recent update, if a number has been clearly noted by the supplier. I do not include updates of fewer than 1,000 records.
- New Hampshire, U.S., Birth Records, 1631-1920 (2,127,345)
- New Hampshire, U.S., Revolutionary War Records, 1675-1835 (83,367)
- New Hampshire, U.S., Death Records, 1650-1969 (2,311,67)
- New Hampshire, U.S., Divorce Certificates, 1850-1969 (158,511)
- New Hampshire, U.S., Marriage Records, 1700-1971 (3,581,392)
- New Hampshire, U.S., Marriage Records, 1770-1961 (10,105)
- Louisiana, Orleans Parish, State Museum Historical Center, Cemetery Records, 1805-1944 (8,671)
- United States, Enlisted and Officer Muster Rolls and Rosters, 1916-1939 (1,568,928)
- Texas, Hardin County, Deed Records, 1840-1920 (714)
- Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920 from:
Sacred Heart, Boston | Sacred Heart, Brockton | St Alphonsus, Beverly | St Francis of Assisi, Cambridge | St John the Evangelist, Cambridge| St Joseph, Belmont | St John the Evangelist, Canton | Sacred Heart, Groton | Sacred Hearts, Haverhill. (Total 170,000 searchable names added)
- New York, U.S., Record of Award Medal, 1920-1991
- Charlotte County, Virginia, U.S., Births, 1875-1878
- Hawaii, U.S., Marriage Certificates and Indexes, 1841-1944
- Some 34 collections updated. Follow the link, then click the (bold blue) ‘Last Updated’ option twice for full listing of most recent updates.
Some of the above content contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission if you buy via these links. This does not affect the price you pay as a consumer, but it does contribute to keeping Irish Genealogy News online. See Advertising Disclosure tab above.
Source: IrishGenealogyNews https://www.irishgenealogynews.com/
Posted On: May 20, 2021 at 04:24AM