2020 was the year of the webinar. Legacy Family Tree Webinars provided a safe place for genealogists throughout the world. A place to relax. A place to take our minds off of the world. A place to connect with other genealogists and learn how to find out ancestors. Thank you for being part of our webinar family. My family. While every single webinar was fantastic, here’s the list of the top most-watched webinars in 2020.
The Top 10 for 2020
1. An Introduction to DNA Painter by Jonny Perl
2. Discover the new Legacy Family Tree 9 by Geoff Rasmussen
3. Organizing Your DNA Results (updated!) by Diahan Southard
4. Using DNA to Solve Adoption and Unknown Parentage Mysteries by Michelle Leonard
5. ‘What are the Odds?’ An online tool that can help solve DNA puzzles by Jonny Perl
6. 50 More Websites Every Genealogist Should Know by Gena Philibert-Ortega
7. Foundations in DNA 1 of 5: Genealogy and DNA by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
8. 3 Genealogy DNA Case Studies and How I Solved Them by Roberta Estes
9. Effective Use of GENUKI: England’s Largest Free Genealogy website by Paul Milner
11. Spreadsheets 101 – Excel-lence in Genealogy (BONUS webinar for subscribers) by Mary Kircher Roddy, CG
12. Mistakes I Have Made: Confessions of a Repentant Genealogist by Cheri Hudson Passey
13. More Than Just Names: Advanced US Census Research by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
14. Advanced DNA Techniques: Deductive Chromosome Mapping by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
15. Maintaining an Organized Computer by Cyndi Ingle
16. One Step to Remove that Photograph Scratch (TechZone) by Geoff Rasmussen
17. 3 Ways to Use Gmail Smarter (TechZone) by Marian Pierre-Louis
18. Using Chromosome Browsers, Segment Data and Triangulation by Michelle Leonard
19. Reconstructing Your Genetic Family Tree by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
20. Turning dry facts into exciting narrative by Carol Baxter
The 2nd Runner-Ups
21. 10 Must-Have MyHeritage Databases by Gena Philibert-Ortega
22. Advanced Googling for Your Grandma by Cyndi Ingle
23. Need a Fillable Form? Word Has Your Back! (TechZone) by Amie Bowser Tennant
24. Ten Brick Wall Tips for Beginners by Marian Pierre-Louis
25. LucidChart and Other Tools for Genetic Genealogy by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
26. Emigration via Hamburg by Andrea Bentschneider
27. New Tools and Ideas in Research by D. Joshua Taylor, MA, MLS
28. The Best Built-in Windows 10 Storage Hack by Marian Pierre-Louis
29. Sources and Citations Made Simple, Standard, and Powerful by Geoff Rasmussen
30. FAN + GPS + DNA: The Problem-Solver’s Great Trifecta by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL
Geoff’s Personal Favorite
Although not in the top 30, my personal favorite this year was taught by webinar newcomer, Shannon Green, CG, Separating and Merging Identities of Same-named Men as part of the Board for Certification of Genealogists webinar series.
Source: Legacy News https://news.legacyfamilytree.com/legacy_news/
Posted On: December 31, 2020 at 01:44PM