The Summer Issue of Irish Roots magazine is now available. As always, the independently produced quarterly publication is full of articles designed to help family historians make progress in their research, as well as bringing an interesting selection of other features exploring Irish history, the life stories of readers’ ancestors, educational opportunities, new book releases and plenty of comment and recent news from around the Irish genealogy community.
| Click image for details of paper and digital subscriptions,
one-off purchases, and a sample of the summer edition.
Here’s a quick run-though of this edition’s main articles:
- Five commonly asked Irish genealogy research questions – answered
- Local resources for research in County Cork.
- Why the future for Irish ancestral research is positive
- Studying ‘The History Of Family’ – What it entails
- Five strategies for using DNA to get back to the 1700s
- Tipperary People Of Great Note: book launch
- A reader’s tribute to his ancestor: Captain Frank Hurley
- Using 19th-century Colonial Australian Musters
- What’s New? Review – The latest record releases
In addition, there’s the Letters page, a round-up of recently published books, news and observations of developments in genealogy generally and Irish genealogy in particular, and the ever-enlightening ‘Your Genealogy Queries Answered’ by Nicola Morris MAGI.
It’s an enjoyable and informative read for Irish genealogists of all levels. It’s also great value and available in both digital and paper format as one-off purchases and one- or two-year subscription packages. Click the cover image above to find out more.
Source: IrishGenealogyNews https://www.irishgenealogynews.com/
Posted On: June 10, 2021 at 12:31PM