The recording of today’s webinar by Andrew Reuben Peteru, "Samoan Genealogy (Gafa) Retold" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
For small communities like Samoa, a tiny group of islands in Polynesia, genealogy is preserved and fiercely protected through oral tradition as they are intrinsically linked to land and chiefly titles. The validity of these genealogical narratives have not been immune to at least two waves of mass population loss that coincided with the arrival of Europeans, coupled with political interference towards colonisation. With today’s advancement of technology, family historians can now access and salvage never seen before documents and photos, and decipher DNA tests and some of the findings are not supporting versions of traditional genealogy. How should Family Historians approach this sensitive subject?
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour and 18 minute recording of "Samoan Genealogy (Gafa) Retold" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. If you have a webinar membership, it is available anytime.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,529 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 5,826 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars’ chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
Source: Legacy News https://news.legacyfamilytree.com/legacy_news/
Posted On: June 10, 2021 at 10:20AM