Below is a summary of US family history collections that have been released or updated by the major genealogy databases in the last three weeks. (The previous summary list was published on 20 May, see blogpost).
My regular summaries are designed to help family historians whose Irish ancestors emigrated, temporarily or permanently, to the United States.
By default, they should also be useful to anyone carrying out research in the US, regardless of the origin of their ancestors.
The figures in parenthesis in the New Collections section are the numbers of records/images in each new record set, if provided by the database.
Unless otherwise stated, the figures in parenthesis in the Updated Collections section reflect the number of records added to the collection in the recent update, if a number has been clearly noted by the supplier. I do not include updates of fewer than 1,000 records.
- Montana, Military Records, 1904-1918 (52,423)
- Pennsylvania, U.S., Veterans Card Files, 1775-1916
- Missouri, U.S. Pre-World War II Adjutant General Enlistment Contracts, 1900-1941 (342,712)
- Utah, U.S., Applications for Indian War Service Medals, 1905-1912 (8,005)
- Salt Lake County, Utah, U.S., Militia Records, 1895 (8,936)
- Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency, Unaccounted-for Remains, Group B, 1941-1975 (43,918)
- Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency, Unaccounted-for Remains, Group A, 1941-1975 (37,954)
- Cole County, Missouri, USA, Circuit Court Case Files, 1820-1927 (browse collection)
- Illinois, USA, South Pekin Railroad Employment Cards, 1900-1948 (2,641)
- U.S., Confederate Army Payrolls for Enslaved Labor, 1840-1883 (22,420)
- Hinsdale, MA: Records of the Congregational Church, 1797-1848 – indexing revised
- Newport, RI: Members of the Artillery Company of Newport, 1741-1854 – indexing revised
- Nottingham West (Hudson), NH: Records of First Church of Christ, 1737-1795 – indexing revised
- Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920 from:
St. Andrew, Billerica | St. Mary of the Annunciation, Cambridge |St. Paul, Cambridge | St. John the Evangelist, Hopkinton | St. Margaret, Dorchester | Immaculate Conception, Lowell | St. Rose of Lima, Chelsea.
- Canton, Stark County, Ohio, U.S., Directory, 1913 (43,757)
- Texas, U.S., Birth Index, 1903-1997 (48,130,844)
- Hawaii, U.S., Marriage Certificates and Indexes, 1841-1944 (588,448)
- Idaho, U.S., Death Records, 1890-1967
- Idaho, U.S., Marriage Records, 1863-1969
- Idaho, U.S.A., Birth Index, 1861-1919, Stillbirth Index, 1905-1967
- Idaho, U.S., Divorce Records, 1947-1969
- Michigan, U.S., Divorce Records, 1897-1952
- Michigan, U.S., Marriage Records, 1867-1952
- Michigan, U.S., Death Records, 1867-1952
- U.S., World War II Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947
- U.S., Marine Corps Muster Rolls, 1798-1958
- U.S., Atlantic Ports Arriving and Departing Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1959 (909,749)
- U.S., Virgin Islands, Arriving and Departing Passenger and Crew Lists, 1885-1962 (888,528)
- Some 27 state or smaller collections + 5 USA-wide collections have been updated. Follow this link, then click the (bold blue) ‘Last Updated’ option twice for listing of recent updates.
Some of the above content contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission if you buy via these links. This does not affect the price you pay as a consumer, but it does contribute to keeping Irish Genealogy News online. See Advertising Disclosure tab above.
Source: IrishGenealogyNews https://www.irishgenealogynews.com/
Posted On: June 11, 2021 at 10:17AM