Here are the highlights of my family history and genealogy related activities over the past week:
1) Christmas! We stayed home on Christmas day, opened our gifts from our daughters and family we received in the mail, and opened our gifts for each other. I made dinner (ribeye steak because I don’t know how to bake a turkey and didn’t want to mess up the day, and we don’t love the leftovers). I did genealogy, Linda watched TV, and worked in her word puzzle books (she got three more for Christmas). On Saturday, we risked a trip to Huntington Beach to see Tami’s family. We received more gifts and had time with the three grandkids (Lauren is 15, Audrey is 12, Charlie is 6). We watched three football games. I played chess, chased radio control cars, took a walk around the block, and played basketball in the back yard with Charlie. We had dinner and were home by 8:30 p.m.
5) Had four emails from Seaver and Auble cousins sharing information or asking for information. I added content to RootsMagic based on their information, and sent genealogy reports to help them understand how we are related and which Seaver or Auble they descend from.
6) Added Notes to 30 more AncestryDNA matches with cM values, relationships and known common ancestors, and added connecting lines of DNA matches to two Common Ancestors. Ancestry added 37 new DNA matches this past week, with no new ThruLines. MyHeritage added 13 new DNA matches. Reviewed the new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe.
7) There were several sessions working in the RootsMagic software program to match with and update FamilySearch Family Tree profiles for Seaver families and my ancestral families, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I have matched 39,518 of my RootsMagic persons with FamilySearch Family Tree profiles (up 123).
8) Used Web Hints and Record Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch to add content and sources to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 60,659 persons in my RootsMagic file (up 121), and 130,756 source citations (up 353). I TreeShared with my Ancestry Member Tree twice this week updating 262 profiles, and I resolved 1168 Ancestry Hints. I’ve fallen behind on the Ancestry Record Hints with 143,716 to be resolved, but I work on them almost daily. On MyHeritage, I resolved 22 Record Matches, and have 143,722 to resolve.
10) We are still fine here at the Genea-cave, hunkered down and not going out much in Week 41 of COVID-19 isolation. I went to the grocery store on Monday and Thursday, and it wasn’t too busy. We went to Tami’s on Saturday. Linda lost her purse last week. Other than that, it was stay-at-home on the computer doing genealogy, eating, sleeping, cleaning, and a little yard work. I watched the Chargers football game on Sunday, and I continued reading a mystery fiction ebook on my laptop.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2020, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com
Source: Genea-Musings https://www.geneamusings.com/
Posted On: December 28, 2020 at 05:54PM