Here are the highlights of my family history and genealogy related activities over the past week:
1) Hosted the Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) Research Group Meeting in a Zoom Meeting with 18 attendees last Wednesday. Reported on the AncestryDNA new feature to add your known relationship to DNA matches, Jim Bartlett’s blog post on finding a match’s ancestry, Jonny Perl’s blog post on how each DNA site could be better, what I do to identify common ancestors of my DNA matches, and a summary and demonstration of the free GEDmatch tools.
5) AncestryDNA added 88 new DNA matches this past week, with 1 new ThruLines, and MyHeritage added 12 new DNA matches. Reviewed the new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe. Added Notes to 1 more AncestryDNA matches with cM values, relationships and known shared ancestors, and added 0 ThruLines to RootsMagic.
6) There were several sessions working in the RootsMagic software program to match with and update FamilySearch Family Tree profiles for Seaver families and my ancestral families, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I have matched 42,913 of my RootsMagic persons with FamilySearch Family Tree profiles (up 266).
7) Used Web Hints and Record Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch to add content and source citations to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 64,004 persons in my RootsMagic file (up 236), and 139.256 source citations (up 230). I TreeShared with my Ancestry Member Tree twice this week updating 390 profiles, and I resolved 1,415 Ancestry Hints. I’ve fallen behind on the Ancestry Record Hints with 152,457 to be resolved, but I work on them almost daily.
8) Wrote 16 Genea-Musings blog posts last week, of which one was a press release. The most viewed post last week was What’s Coming soon to Ancestry? with over 493 views.
9) We are still fine here at the Genea-cave, hunkered down and not going out much after Week 66 of COVID-19 isolation. The Padres season continues, and they are now 42-32 (4-3 the past week). We watched 6 games on TV, and attended the Saturday game with the Reds. I went to the grocery store on Monday and Friday. I went to the retired Rohr Engineer’s lunch on Thursday and had a fun time seeing my colleagues and telling stories after 15 months of lockdown. Sunday was Father’s Day and I got See’s candy from Linda. We went to indoor church on Sunday and there are a few more in-person attendees. Other than that, it was stay-at-home on the computer doing (mainly) genealogy, plus eating, sleeping, laundry, cleaning, cooking, and a little yard work.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Genea-Musings https://www.geneamusings.com/
Posted On: June 21, 2021 at 04:06PM