Here are the highlights of my family history and genealogy related activities over the past week:
1) Hosted and moderated the Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) Research Group meeting in a Zoom Meeting last Wednesday with 28 attendees. In the first hour, I reported on the 24 hour webinar marathon, the NGS and SCGS conferences, the MyHeritage Deep Nostalgia animations, Finding Your Roots, my new GEDCOM to MyHeritage, finding the maiden name of Ann (–?–) Seaver, and useful email genealogy newsletters. In the second hour, the attendees shared their genealogy questions, challenges and successes.
2) Attended the San Diego Genealogical Society (SDGS) British Isles Interest Group meeting on Saturdayon Zoom, with Colin Whitney presented "Using FamilySearch For British Isles Research."
3) Attended today’s Mondays With Myrt webinar. The panel discussed what documents or artifacts do you have a hard time preserving. Mine was photographs, home movies, etc. Other topics included Pat’s photos, my "to be filed" post, Hilary suggested OGIndex.org for British Isles records, the New France map, and more.
6) AncestryDNA added 103 new DNA matches this past week, with no new ThruLines, and MyHeritage added 19 new DNA matches. Reviewed the new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe. Added Notes to 10 more AncestryDNA matches with cM values, relationships and known shared ancestors, and added no new ThruLines to RootsMagic.
7) There were several sessions working in the RootsMagic software program to match with and update FamilySearch Family Tree profiles for Seaver families and my ancestral families, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I have matched 41,573 of my RootsMagic persons with FamilySearch Family Tree profiles (up 51).
8) Used Web Hints and Record Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch to add content and source citations to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 62,778 persons in my RootsMagic file (up 49), and 136,430 source citations (up 326). I TreeShared with my Ancestry Member Tree once this week updating 152 profiles, and I resolved 1,212 Ancestry Hints. I’ve fallen behind on the Ancestry Record Hints with 149,865 to be resolved, but I work on them almost daily.
10) We are still fine here at the Genea-cave, hunkered down and not going out much after Week 57 of COVID-19 isolation. I went to the root canal doctor for another one on Tuesday, and wWe went masked to outdoor church on Sunday and talked to and fist bumped some friends. The Padres season continues, and they are now 10-7, and we attended the Saturday night game versus the Dodgers. Other than that, it was stay-at-home on the computer doing (mainly) genealogy, plus eating, sleeping, cleaning, cooking, and a little yard work – I got another part of bush #1 cut down and disposed of in the green barrel.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.
Source: Genea-Musings https://www.geneamusings.com/
Posted On: April 19, 2021 at 05:06PM