Here are the highlights of my family history and genealogy related activities over the past week:
1) Hosted the Chula Vista Genealogical Society Research Group meeting on Wednesday in a Zoom meeting, with 20 attendees. We discussed the Ancestry.com buyout by Blackstone, the improved MyHeritage search engine, the MyHeritage photo enhancer/colorizer, passing on my genealogy work, and probate records.
2) Participated in Mondays With Myrt today. We discussed Russ’s 100-year-old aunt and family photos, Liv’s 1957 family photo, sharing photos on FamilySearch, JoyFlips, and Ancestry.com; PatK’s cousin’s birth, baptism and death records, Facebook groups for surnames and places, WikiTree’s ORA extension, and Dave’s cousin’s photos. Myrt also found a family photo in her Ancestry tree Photo Hints that she didn’t have, submitted by a DNA cousin.
3) Watched one Family Tree Webinar — "Dissecting a Civil War Pension Packet – Union and Confederate" by Jill Morelli..
4) Wrote and posted a biographical sketch of 7th great-grandmother #553 Susanna (Draper) Plimpton (1687-1769) for my 52 Ancestors biographical sketch on Friday.
5) Transcribed the 1703 Inventory pf the estate of Joseph Clark (1642-1702) of Medfield, Mass. for Amanuensis Monday. The real estate totaled £775.
6) Added no AncestryDNA ThruLines to my RootsMagic tree, and added Notes to 12 more AncestryDNA matches with cM values, relationships and known common ancestors. Ancestry added 251 new DNA Matches this past week, and MyHeritage added 30 new DNA matches. Reviewed new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe.
7) There were several sessions working in the RootsMagic software program to match with and update FamilySearch Family Tree profiles for Seaver families and my ancestral families, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I have matched 37,033 of my RootsMagic persons with FamilySearch Family Tree profiles (up 85).
8) Used Web Hints and Record Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch to add content and sources to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 58,606 persons in my RootsMagic file (up 63), and 125,594 source citations (up 194). I TreeShared with my Ancestry Member Tree one time this week updating 171 profiles, and I resolved 635 Ancestry Hints. I’ve fallen behind on the Ancestry Record Hints with 132,521 to be resolved, but I work on them almost daily.
9) Wrote 17 Genea-Musings blog posts last week, of which two were a press release. The most popular post last week was Free Access to MyHeritage Photo Enhancer and MyHeritage In Color™ For One Month with over 299 views.
11) We are still fine here at the Genea-cave, hunkered down and not going out much. I went to the grocery store on Monday and Friday, and it wasn’t too busy. We attended church with an outside service and we bid farewell to pastor Tracey. Other than that, it was stay-at-home on the computer doing genealogy, eating, sleeping and a little yard work, watching the Padres games, and reading a book I read a portion of back in 2002.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2020, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.
Source: Genea-Musings https://www.geneamusings.com/
Posted On: August 17, 2020 at 04:18PM