Here are the highlights of my family history and genealogy related activities over the past week:
1) Hosted the Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) Research Group Meeting in a Zoom Meeting with 26 attendees last Wednesday. Reported on Family History Library and San Diego FamilySearch Center openings, the GEDCOM 7.0 announcement, MyHeritage photo repair, most useful online collections for descendancy research, the Call Me John book, and posting 6 generation descendant reports.
2) Attended the San Diego Genealogical Society Program Meetingon Saturday featuring Sara Cochran, who spoke on "Two steps forward, one step back. Is it Genealogy or the Cha-Cha?" and "Hopping down the paper trail!"
3) Participated in today’s Mondays With Myrt webinar, and we discussed GEDCOM 7.0, the FHL: opening, Matrivula, online databases, SAR contacts, Eastman’s blog post, and descendant charts. The question of the day was "How do you avoid getting distracted while researching?"
6) AncestryDNA added 90 new DNA matches this past week, with 2 new ThruLines, and MyHeritage added 8 new DNA matches. Reviewed the new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe. Added Notes to 2 more AncestryDNA matches with cM values, relationships and known shared ancestors, and added 1 ThruLines to RootsMagic.
7) There were several sessions working in the RootsMagic software program to match with and update FamilySearch Family Tree profiles for Seaver families and my ancestral families, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I have matched 42,647 of my RootsMagic persons with FamilySearch Family Tree profiles (up 149).
8) Used Web Hints and Record Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch to add content and source citations to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 63,768 persons in my RootsMagic file (up 144), and 139.026 source citations (up 354). I TreeShared with my Ancestry Member Tree twice this week updating 368 profiles, and I resolved 1,403 Ancestry Hints. I’ve fallen behind on the Ancestry Record Hints with 151,524 to be resolved, but I work on them almost daily.
10) We are still fine here at the Genea-cave, hunkered down and not going out much after Week 65 of COVID-19 isolation. The Padres season continues, and they are now 38-29 (2-4 the past week). We watched the 6 games on TV, and now have tickets for 11 more games in-person. I went to the grocery store on Monday and Friday. Linda went to the eye doctor and she will have cataract surgery in the next month or two. We went to indoor church on Sunday and there are a few more in-person attendees. Other than that, it was stay-at-home on the computer doing (mainly) genealogy, plus eating, sleeping, laundry, cleaning, cooking, and a little yard work.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Genea-Musings https://www.geneamusings.com/
Posted On: June 14, 2021 at 04:38PM