Here are the highlights of my family history and genealogy related activities over the past week:
1) Hosted the Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) Board Meeting in a Zoom Meeting last Wednesday, and reported on the Newsletter, Research Group and DNA interest Group meetings. Wrote, edited and distributed via email the May 2021 CVGS Newsletter.
2) Attended the San Diego Genealogical Society Program meeting on Saturday in a Zoom webinar. Nicka Sewell-Smith presented "Reverse Genealogy and DNA and Tracing the Living" and The Family DNA Project."
3) Attended today’s Mondays With Myrt webinar. The panel discussed Japanese research, hybrid society meetings, SAR policy on DNA, Prussian record websites, an Excel spreadsheet research tracker, my 1818 Sever deed, Google Photos and Lens, the Behold Microsoft problem, Russ’s FTM User videos, and attendee Q&A.
6) AncestryDNA added 118 new DNA matches this past week, with 0 new ThruLines, and MyHeritage added 15 new DNA matches. Reviewed the new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe. Added Notes to 11 more AncestryDNA matches with cM values, relationships and known shared ancestors.
7) There were several sessions working in the RootsMagic software program to match with and update FamilySearch Family Tree profiles for Seaver families and my ancestral families, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I have matched 41,969 of my RootsMagic persons with FamilySearch Family Tree profiles (up 63).
8) Used Web Hints and Record Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch to add content and source citations to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 63,052 persons in my RootsMagic file (up 52), and 137,246 source citations (up 328). I TreeShared with my Ancestry Member Tree twice this week updating 199 profiles, and I resolved 1,234 Ancestry Hints. I’ve fallen behind on the Ancestry Record Hints with 150,270 to be resolved, but I work on them almost daily.
10) We are still fine here at the Genea-cave, hunkered down and not going out much after Week 60 of COVID-19 isolation. The Padres season continues, and they are now 19-16, and we went on Tuesday night – they lost to Pirates. We watched the other 5 games on TV. I went to the grocery store on Monday and Friday. I suffered through a 3 hour dental session on Tuesday on five teeth – almost done now, just need the bridge and crown installed. We went out to dinner for Mother’s Day to In ‘n’ Out. Other than that, it was stay-at-home on the computer doing (mainly) genealogy, plus eating, sleeping, cleaning, cooking, and a little yard work.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Genea-Musings https://www.geneamusings.com/
Posted On: May 10, 2021 at 05:08PM