I received this information from NARA today:
The (US) National Archives has presented a virtual genealogy fair since 2013 and last year due to the pandemic they canceled the virtual genealogy fair. This year, they will present several sessions on different days in May and June. You are invited to watch and participate in real time with the presenters and family historians from around the world on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/
Over the two months, the sessions will offer family history research tools on federal records for all skill levels. The May sessions are broad and will appeal to the beginner and beyond. The June sessions are focused on specific topics and may be better suited for the experienced researcher. All are welcome!
Session descriptions, videos, handouts, and participation instructions are below.
- Open with no reservations required
- Watch the broadcasts via YouTube
- Participate and ask questions via chat during the scheduled broadcasts
- After the scheduled broadcasts, video recordings and presentation materials will be available online
- Tuesday, May 4, at 1:00 p.m. ET — Preserving and Digitizing Personal Photo Albums and Scrapbooks
- Wednesday, May 12, at 1:00 p.m. ET — Finding Genealogy Resources and Tools on Archives.gov
- Wednesday, May 19, at 1:00 p.m. ET — Tips and Tools for Engaging Family with Your Research Finds
- Tuesday, June 1, at 1:00 p.m. ET — From Here to There: Researching Office of Indian Affairs Employees
- Tuesday, June 8, at 1:00 p.m. ET — Civil War Union Noncombatant Personnel: Teamsters, Laundresses, Nurses, Sutlers, and More
- Tuesday, June 15, at 1:00 p.m. ET — Merchant Marine Records at the National Archives at St. Louis
To learn more about this year’s virtual fair and details about the aforementioned sessions go to:
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.
Source: Genea-Musings https://www.geneamusings.com/
Posted On: April 20, 2021 at 03:39PM