Below is a summary of US family history collections that have been released or updated by the major genealogy databases in the last four weeks. (The previous summary list was published on 8 March, see blogpost).
My regular summaries are designed to help family historians whose Irish ancestors emigrated, temporarily or permanently, to the United States.
By default, they should also be useful to anyone carrying out research in the US, regardless of the origin of their ancestors.
The figures in parenthesis in the New Collections section are the numbers of records/images in each new record set, if provided by the database.
Unless otherwise stated, the figures in parenthesis in the Updated Collections section reflect the number of records added to the collection in the recent update, if a number has been clearly noted by the supplier. I do not include updates of fewer than 1,000 records.
- Massachusetts, Delayed and Corrected Vital Records, 1753-1900 (108,758)
- Delaware Baptisms, 1697-1886
- New Jersey, Calvary United Methodist Church Records, 1821-2003 (2631)
- Oregon, State Divorces, 1925-1968 (524,280)
- Wyoming, U.S., Star Valley Independent Obituaries, 1901-2015 (55,929)
- Nebraska, U.S., Index to Deaths, 1904-1955
- Box Butte County, Nebraska, U.S., Funeral Home Records, 1919-1976
- Nebraska, U.S., Index to Marriages, 1909-1955
- U.S., Confederate Officers Card Index, 1861-1865
- Iowa, Grand Army of the Republic Membership Records, 1861-1949
- North Carolina Revolutionary Pay Vouchers, 1779-1782
- Arkansas Confederate Soldier Home, 1890-1963
- Arkansas Ex-Confederate Pension Records, 1891-1939
- Alaska, WWII Statement of Service Records, 1948-1949 (8,524)
- Hawaii State Archives, Probate Packet Records, 1814-1917 (1,910)
- Idaho, Military Discharge Records, ca.1917 – ca.1960 (1,258)
- Iowa, Iowa City, Voter Registers, 1897-1904 (16,199)
- Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920
More than 400,00 names added for these parishes:
St. John the Evangelist of Newton
Our Lady of Victories/Notre Dame des Victoires
St. Angela’s Mattapan
Blessed Sacrament, St. Thomas Aquinas and All Saints, all in Roxbury
St. Adalbert Hyde Park
Our Lady of the Holy Rosary and St. Vincent de Paul, both in South Boston
St. Lazarus, East Boston
Sacred Heart and St Joseph, both in Amesbury
St. Agnes, and St James, both in Arlington
St. Mary, Ayer
Blessed Sacrament, and St. Thomas Aquinas, both in Jamaica Plain.
- Oregon, State Marriages, 1906-1968 (2,254,852)
- Oregon, State Births, 1842-1917 (884,417)
- Iowa, Delayed Birth Records, 1856-1944
- USA Find a Grave Index, 1600s-Current (161,058,083)
- South Carolina, Death Records, 1821-1969
- U.S., Newspapers.com Obituary Index, 1800s-current (834,426,322)
- Missouri, U.S., Death Certificates, 1910-1962
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- Nebraska, U.S., Select County Marriage Records, 1855-1908
- 1910 United States Federal Census
- Some 67 US collections have been updated in the last month. Rather than create an excrutiatingly long blogpost, I’ll simply direct you to the FamilySearch.org update page. On the right hand side of the landing page, beneath ‘Historical Record Collections’, click the blue ‘Last Updated’ column title twice. You’ll now see the most recently updated collection at the top of the list. (You need to be signed in to reach this page.)
Some of the above content contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission if you buy via these links. This does not affect the price you pay as a consumer, but it does contribute to keeping Irish Genealogy News online. See Advertising Disclosure tab above.
Source: IrishGenealogyNews https://www.irishgenealogynews.com/
Posted On: April 12, 2021 at 09:49AM