Below is a summary of new and updated family history record collections for England, Scotland and Wales released by the major genealogy databases over the last week (for the previous summary, see 7 May blogpost).
This regular summary of releases and updates relating to British collections is designed
to help family historians whose Irish ancestors migrated, temporarily or
permanently, to England, Scotland or Wales.
By default, it will also be useful
to anyone carrying out research in those three nations, regardless of the origin
of their ancestors.
The figures in parenthesis in the New Collections section
are the numbers of records/images in the new record set.
stated, the figures in parenthesis in the Updated Collections section reflect
the number of records added to the collection in the recent update. In some
instances, the supplier has not made this figure available. Where two figures are given, the first is the number of additions, the second is the new total.
Please note that I don’t usually include updates of fewer than 1,000 records.
BritishNewspaperArchive (shared with some FindMyPast subscriptions)
- Wales, Marriage Bonds, 1650-1900 (947 added. Total 207,779)
- England, Middlesex Parish Registers, 1539-1988 (New total 1,985,911)
- England, Lancashire, Marriage Bonds and Allegations, 1746-1799 (New total 3,486)
- England, Northumberland Non-Conformist Church Records, 1613-1920 (New total 101,255)
- England, Hertfordshire, Marriage Bonds, 1682-1837 (New total 3,743)
- England, Herefordshire Bishop’s Transcripts, 1583-1898 (New total 1,456,543)
- England, Essex Non-Conformist Church Records, 1613-1971 (New total 107,405)
- England, Gloucestershire Non-Conformist Church Records, 1642-1996 (New total 133,129)
- England, Lincolnshire, Marriage Bonds and Allegations, 1574-1885 (New total 71,729)
Some of the above content contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission if you buy via these links. This does not affect the price you pay as a consumer, but it does contribute to keeping Irish Genealogy News online. See Advertising Disclosure tab above.
Source: IrishGenealogyNews https://www.irishgenealogynews.com/
Posted On: May 14, 2021 at 02:03AM