Dozens of genealogy and family history bloggers write thousands of posts every week about their research, their families, and their interests. I appreciate each one of them and their efforts.
My criteria for "Best of …" are pretty simple – I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don’t list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Episode 337 – What’s There? Fisher Gets His “Big Reveal” On DNA From Family Envelopes / Melanie McComb On Researching Minister Ancestors by Ryan B. on Extreme Genes.
* Quarantine Advice: Enjoy a Genealogy Conference from Home by Gena Philibert-Ortega on GenealogyBank Blog.
* How Much Should You Pay For An Online Presentation? by John D. Reid on Canada’s Angl-Celtic Connections.
* Mayflower II Opens to Visitors by Heather Wilkinson Rojo on Nutfield Genealogy.
* Best Genealogy Sites for Irish Research: PRONI by Donna Moughty on Irish Family Roots.
* Digging up your Ancestors – Citizen Science meets Ancient DNA by Maurice Gleeson on DNA and Family Tree Research.
* Omission vs. Commission by Christopher C. Child on Vita Brevis.
* Walking the Genealogy Talk by Ellen Thompson-Jennings on Hound On the Hunt.
* The Future of DNA testing: A Genealogy of Everyone by Jayne Ekins on Your DNA Guide.
* Using Proof by Contradiction to Focus Your Research by Yvette Hoitink on Dutch Genealogy.
* 6 & 7 cM Matches: Are 172 ThruLines All Wrong? by Roberta Estes on DNAeXplained – Genetic Genealogy.
* The Road to RootsMagic 8: More to Preview by Michael Booth on the RootsMagic Blog.
* A Hint Uncovers WWI Military Foreign Deployment by Michael Dyer on Family Sleuther.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday’s Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on Empty Branches on the Family Tree.
* Friday Fossicking, 14th Aug 2020 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time.
* This Week’s Creme de la Creme — August 15, 2020 by Gail Dever on Genealogy a la Carte,
* Saturday Serendipity (August 15, 2020) by John D. Tew on Filiopietism Prism.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add the blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also – all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I currently am reading posts from over 900 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2020, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Genea-Musings https://www.geneamusings.com/
Posted On: August 16, 2020 at 03:55PM