Dozens of genealogy and family history bloggers write thousands of posts every week about their research, their families, and their interests. I appreciate each one of them and their efforts.
My criteria for "Best of …" are pretty simple – I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don’t list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Attended my First Virtual Conference: Success! by Kitty Cooper on Kitty Cooper’s Blog.
* AutoSegment Cluster by Patricia Coleman on Patricia Coleman Genealogy.
* Episode 338 – Dr. Blaine Bettinger on Ancestry’s Centimorgan Change and How DNA from Heirlooms Could Lead to Great Breakthroughs by Ryan B. on Extreme Genes.
* Lost in Genealogy: Seven Steps to Battling Bias by Sophie Kay on The Parchment Rustler.
* 6 Places To Look For FAN Club Members by Julie Cahill Tarr on Genealogy In Action.
* The Shared cM Project Histogram by Diahan Southard on Your DNA Guide.
* The Archive Lady: Women in the Family by Melissa Barker on Genealogy Bargains.
* Back-to-School is Here! Ancestry® Providing Free Resources for Educators and Parents by Ancestry Team on Ancestry Blog.
* The Twists and Turns of Finding Baptismal Records for 1878 by Debby Warner Anderson on Debby’s Family Genealogy Blog.
* Don’t Miss Out On Your Ancestor’s Culture by DiAnn Iamarino on Fortify Your Family Tree.
* Twelve Tips Fore Using Ancestry ThruLines by Margaret O’Brien on Data Mining DNA.
* Blinded By a Pedigree Chart by James Tanner on Genealogy’s Star.
* DNA Short Snappy Opinions by Louis Kessler on Behold Genealogy.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday’s Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on Empty Branches on the Family Tree.
* Friday Fossicking, 21st Aug 2020 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time.
* This Week’s Creme de la Creme — August 22, 2020 by Gail Dever on Genealogy a la Carte,
* Saturday Serendipity (August 22, 2020) by John D. Tew on Filiopietism Prism.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add the blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also – all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I currently am reading posts from over 900 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2020, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Genea-Musings https://www.geneamusings.com/
Posted On: August 23, 2020 at 03:47PM