This photograph was taken in front of St. Dunstan’s Episcopal Church in the College area of San Diego in the summer of 1958. The occasion was the baptism of my brother Scott with our paternal grandmother present (the only time we met her in person).
From the left, the people are:
* Walter Wood, husband of my father’s sister, Evelyn.
* Stanley Seaver (in front), my brother, age 12 at this time.
* Frederick Seaver (in back holding Scott), my father, age 46 at this time.
* Scott Seaver (held by Frederick), my brother, age 2 at this time).
* Diana Soule (in front), my first cousin once removed, granddaughter of Walter and Evelyn, age 11 at this time.
* Marshall Chamberlain (behind Diana), husband of Dorothy (Taylor) Chamberlain.
* Evelyn (Seaver) Wood (behind Marshall), my father’s sister, age 55 at this time.
* Betty (Carringer) Seaver (next to Evelyn), my mother, age 39 at this time.
* Randy Seaver (in front), age 14 at this time.
* Lyle Carringer (in back, next to Betty), my maternal grandfather, age 66 at the time.
* Emily (Richmond) Taylor (in front), Dorothy’s mother, Bessie’s sister, my father’s aunt, age 78 at the time.
* Alma Bessie (Richmond) Seaver (in back on the right), my paternal grandmother, mother of Frederick and Evelyn, age 76 at the time.
* Dorothy (Taylor) Chamberlain (in front on the right), daughter of Emily, wife of Marshall, my father’s first cousin.
I don’t know who took this photograph; it may have been my maternal grandmother, Emily (Auble) Carringer, who is not in the picture. If she had been, the photo would have included all of my ancestors alive at the time!
This photograph was originally black-and-white and I colorized it using the MyHeritage InColor photo tools.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.